The role of Practice Manager involves the smooth and efficient running of a busy GP Practice, overseeing the day to day running of the business, with responsibility for effectiveness in the areas of people management, patient experience, financial performance and operational efficiencies
Our Practice in Ennis is one of our largest clinics with 8 GP's, 5 Practice Nurses and approximately 13 Administrators. With a large and fantastic Team, the practice provides first class care to a large population in Ennis and the surrounding areas of Co. Claire. This role as the new Practice Manager will be an exciting step forward for anyone looking to progress in their career with Centric Health and meet new challenges and opportunities.
You will need to have a passion for both Healthcare and the fast-paced culture of a growing company. You will need excellent inter-personal skills and can work as part of a team.
- Contract: Permanent, Full Time
- Hours: 40 hours per week
- Work Pattern: Monday - Friday
- Location: Ennis Medical Centric Health, Francis Street, Ennis, Co. Clare
The successful candidates will be responsible for, but not limited to the following
Patient Journey & Experience
- Maintain a culture of patient and customer care, and ensure an ongoing focus on improving the quality of the patient experience.
- Oversee the bookings process and ensure the highest level of communication and professionalism
- Working alongside the Regional Manager to develop and improve the patient journey
- Deal with patient complaints and feedback and escalate where necessary.
Our People - Leadership and Development of the Team
- Directly manage, develop and motivate staff, with the aim of building an effective and engaged team
- Provide leadership to the team, through regular meetings, objective setting, and effective communication
- Identify and appointment of new staff as required in line with policy.
- Induct new staff, clinicians and locums into practice processes
- Manage admin roster, doctor and nurse sessions to ensure adequate cover and monitor / adjust in line with seasonal requirements
- Ensure compliance to proper conditions of employment, to include current employment legislation and recognised good practice.
Business & Operational Functions
- Responsible for general office management and provide reception cover if necessary.
- Responsible for supplies, both medical and administrative.
- Ensure compliance with all statutory and legal regulations. Maximise the use of IT systems (and developing procedures to ensure the effective running of the practice information systems).
- Implement company policies and procedures and introduce systems and workflows where relevant to support such policies
- Manage day to day financial function of the practice, ensuring that daily sales and takings are reconciled, carry out bank lodgements in line with policy, manage petty cash, approve all supplier invoices.
- In conjunction with finance and the operations team, participate in discussions regarding: bank reconciliation, cash flow forecasts, and income (fees and allowances and maximise private income) and expenditure plans.
- Manage GMS patients, new, transfer and nursing home to ensure all GMS payments are paid.
- Providing ad hoc reports or practice information to finance team or regional manager when required
- Previous management experience in a medical or dental practice, or other relevant management experience is desirable
- Senior administrator experience
- Strong people management skills, have experience leading and managing a team.
- Strong business development acumen and previous experience working in commercial roles, managing finances and budgets
- Key communication, organisation and time-management skills, as well as strong attention to detail
- Flexibility and adaptability
Key Skills - What we look for in our employees:
- The ability to remain calm, professional and polite in dealing with our patients and colleagues
- Be professional in your approach to your work
- Be honest and reliable
- Be trustworthy and respectful
- Build and maintain good relationships with all colleagues
- Be willing to take on jobs to balance the team workload
- Aim to communicate well with people at all levels
- Welcome and embrace change, with a positive attitude
Develop yourself and others
- Be motivated to learn and develop
- Support, encourage and motivate others
- Coach, guide and give constructive feedback to others
- Excellent written and spoken English is a requirement for this role
If you are interested in this position, or would like to learn more about it, please contact Jessica Reilly at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 01 299 3500
Centric Health is an equal opportunities employer